Yield: 10 servings
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- 2 sliced jalapenos
- 1 1/4 cup finely shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 3 ripe avocadoes
- 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Sour cream
- Halved olives
- Corn chips
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the source cream and sour cream. Add the taco seasoning and mix well. Spread into the bottom of a deep 9" pie plate.
- Top with the chopped lettuce, tomatoes, and jalapenos. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- For the guacamole, cut the avocadoes in half, remove the seed, and cut the avocado into cubes. Scoop into a mixing bowl. Juice the lime and pour into the avocado. Add the garlic and salt. Mash together until mixed. It should be mostly mixed together, with a few small lumps remaining.
- Spread the guacamole over the top of the dip, leaving about 1" around the edges exposed.
- If making ahead, this is the time to cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to finish and serve.
- Put the sour cream into a zip top bag. Use scissors to cut off the corner and form a piping bag. Pipe a spider's web over the guacamole, as shown in the picture.
- Use a couple half olives, plus a cup sliced olives, to form spiders in the web, as shown in the picture.
- Serve with corn chips.
Adapted from Sugar Spun Run and The Endless Meal.
Post a Comment