Yield: 4 servings
Note: Expect four servings as a main dish. If serving as a side dish then you should expect 8 servings.
- 1 lb. bacon
- 2 1/4 lbs. brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed, and halved
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Additional Parmesan or Romano cheese for topping
- Fresh chopped rosemary, thyme, and parsley.
- Cook the bacon in a large oven-safe skillet until crispy. Set aside.
- Add the brussels sprouts to the bacon fat, along with salt & pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sprouts are starting to brown. About 6-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir together until fragrant.
- Add the whipping cream. Reduce to low heat and simmer until the sprouts are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- In a small contain, mix together the cornstarch and water until no lumps remain. To thicken the sauce, add a small amount of the cornstarch slurry. You probably won't use all of it, so just use a bit to thicken to your preference.
- Cut the cooked bacon into bite-sized pieces. Add to the pan and mix into the sprouts and sauce.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan on top.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot. Top with extra cheese and fresh herbs, if desired.
Adapted from Cafe Delites.