Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 16 oz. ground sausage
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp tarragon
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 12 oz. tomato sauce
- 2.5 lbs. thick-cut bacon
- 6-8 lasagna sheets
- 1 jar (15 oz.) alfredo sauce
- 7 oz. mozzarella, shredded
Next time I'll overlap the bacon more on the bottom of the pan so that it doesn't divide apart. I also might try poking a few bamboo skewers vertically through the pan to both let the juices drip out while cooking and hold the bacon & lasagna together better.
Maybe also lay a couple strips of bacon across the bottom and weave it together with the sides to give more strength.
- Warm the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and fry until translucent.
- Add the ground sausage, and cook until browned. Drain off the excess fat.
- Add the spices and stir together. Add the tomato sauce. Mix together, reduce the heat, and simmer until thickened.
- Grease a disposable bread pan, and line with parchment paper. Drape bacon over the sides, letting the excess hang over the edge.
- Place a lasagna sheet into the bottom of the bacon.
- Cover in a thin layer of alfredo sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated mozzarella sauce.
- Top with meat sauce.
- Repeat steps 5-8 until the pan is full.
- Fold the back back from the edges and over the top.
- If making ahead, cover and refrigerate.
- Bake at 350°F for 60 minutes.
- It may drip grease while baking, so put a pan below it to catch the drips.
- You'll need to drain the fat from the pan a couple times. Remove it from the oven, tip a corner into a can, and collect the rendered fat.