Yield: 8 servings
- 9 oz. gingersnap cookies
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 8 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 1/2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/4 cups confectioner's sugar
- Zest of two large oranges
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- Cranberry sauce topping
- 1 bag (12 oz.) cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp orange liqueur
These are much more filling than they look. If your guests don't have big dessert appetites then you may want to split this over 10 or 12 servings instead of the eight prescribed in this recipe.
- Place the cookies and pumpkin pie spice into a food processor and pulse until crumbled. Add the melted butter and pulse together.
- Press into the bottom of eight tumbler glasses.
- For the filling, combine the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, orange zest, and vanilla in a stand mixer. Whip together at high speed until well mixed.
- Pipe the cream cheese into the tumblers. Refrigerate.
- For the topping, combine the cranberries, sugar, brown sugar, water, orange juice, and pumpkin pie spice in a sauce pan. Bring to a simmer and hold until all the berries have popped.
- Remove from the heat. Add the orange liqueur and let stand until cool and thickened. Refrigerate.
- Spoon the topping onto the cheesecakes immediately before serving.
Adapted from My Baking Addiction.