Yield: 12 servings
- 16 oz. rotini, cooked al dente according to package instructions
- 3/4 lb. bacon, cut into bits
- 24 oz. ground pork
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 9 oz. broccoli in bit-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb. shredded mozzarella, divided
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon bits in a large skillet until halfway done. Add the ground pork and continue cooking until fully cooked. Strain off and discard the excess fat.
- Add the onion, broccoli, bell pepper, and rosemary to the meat. Cook until the vegetables are just tender.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pasta, meat & vegetables, tomatoes, salt, pepper, eggs, and half of the shredded mozzarella. Transfer to a large dutch oven.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Cover and bake at 360°F for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot right out of the oven.