Yield: 12 Servings
- 1 pie crust
- 3/4 cup soft goat cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 7 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- Roll the crust out and transfer to a 10", deep pie plate. Poke with a fork.
- Bake the pie crust at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- For the filling, whip together the goat cheese, cream, eggs, sugar, flour, salt, and basil. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust.
- For the topping, toss together all three ingredients. Sprinkle over the pie.
- Cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil. Bake at 350°F for 65-80 minutes, removing the foil halfway through, until the crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Adapted from The Secret Ingredient.