Yield: About 5 cups
- 22 oz. (~5 cups) pecan halves
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 5 tbsp butter
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg white
- Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast in a 350°F oven for 7-9 minutes, until fragrant. Remove from the oven and let the pecans cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the toasted pecans with the maple syrup, butter, salt, cayenne, and pepper. Add the egg white and toss well.
- Spread the pecans on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 250°F for 40 minutes, until golden brown. Loosen the pecans from the parchment paper and let cool on the baking sheets completely.
- Once cooled, if the pecans are still sticky then spread onto a new piece of parchment paper and bake for an additional 10-20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Serve at room temperature.
Adapted from Food & Wine.