Yield: 8 servings
- Pie crust (homemade or store bought)
- 4 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- 2 tsp flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- Line a 9" pie plate with the crust. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat the eggs for 3 minutes. Add the sugar, mixing until it thickens and develops a pale yellow color.
- Add in the lemon juice, butter, cornmeal, flour, and salt. Mix well.
- Pour into the pie crust. Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for an hour.
- Refrigerate for at least three hours.
- Line with 3-4 strips of wax paper. Dust with confectioners' sugar and then carefully remove the wax paper, leaving behind white bands.
- Serve cold.
Adapted from Taste of Home.