Yield: 10 servings
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 10 slices bacon, cooked crispy. divided
- 2 jalapenos, minced, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided
- Beat the first 5 ingredients in a stand mixer until smooth. Add in 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, and half of the bacon, jalapenos, and green onions. Mix together well.
- Mix together the remaining cheddar, bacon, jalapenos, and green onions. Cover and store in an airtight container.
- Lay a large sheet of plastic wrap on the countertop. Transfer the cheese mixture to the plastic wrap and form into a ball using the sides of the plastic to keep your hands clean.
- Wrap the cheeseball tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- About 20-30 minutes before serving, remove the cheeseball from the plastic wrap. Roll it in the reserved cheddar, bacon, jalapeno, and green onion mixture to coat the outside.
- Serve with crackers.
Adapted from Small Town Woman.