Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- It's important that you let it cool back to room temperature, otherwise the pie may not set properly
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniel's
- 6 oz. chopped walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chops
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pie crust for a 9" pie
- Mix together the flour and sugar. Add the eggs and butter, and mix well.
- Add the Jack Daniel's, walnuts, chocolate chips, vanilla, and salt. Mix well.
- Line your pie plate with the crust. Pour in the filing.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes, until the middle is set.
- Cool on a wire rack. Then transfer to the refrigerator.
- Serve at room temperature.
Adapted from The Spruce Eats.
Pairs well with Nutella ice cream.