Yield: 4 pizzas
- 1 lb. Italian sausage links
- 4 naan flatbreads (18 oz. total weight)
- Olive oil
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
We made these in a cast iron skillet on the stove because it's winter time. In the summer you would do this on a grill.
- Grill the sausages until they are fully cooked through. Remove from the heat and slice them 1/4" thick.
- If grilling the flatbread on a grill, brush both sides with olive oil. If grilling in a skillet on the stove, use your judgment if there's enough grease left from the sausage and brush with olive oil as needed.
- Grill the flatbreads for 2-3 minutes until the bottom is lightly browned.
- Mix the tomato sauce with the dried basil.
- Remove from the grill and flip over. On the browned side, spread a layer off the tomato sauce. Top with sausage, mozzarella, and Parmesan.
- Return to the grill for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese. Serve hot.
Adapted from Taste of Home.