Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas & carrots
- 1 tube (16.3 oz.) buttermilk biscuits, quartered
- Melt the butter in an over-safe skillet or Dutch oven. Add the onions and sautee until tender.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, condensed soup, milk, and pepper.
- Add the soup mixture to the onions and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chicken and vegetables. Heat through.
- Top with biscuits. Bake at 400°F until the biscuits are browned, 17-22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5-7 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Taste of Home.