Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 3 1/2 tbsp gochujang
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp mirin cooking wine
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp gochugaru (Korean chili flakes)
- 1 1/2 lb. pork, thinly sliced
- White rice, prepared
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Sesame seeds
- To make the marinade, combine the ginger, garlic, and onion in a food processor and puree. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining marinade ingredients to the puree and mix together. Add the pork and toss to cover.
- Cover the marinade & pork mixture and refrigerate at least 1 hour, ideally 12 hours.
- Heat some oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the pork with the marinade and cook on high until cooked and the sauce has thickened, about 12-18 minutes.
- Serve immediately over white rice. Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
Adapted from Pups with Chop Sticks.