Yield: 8 servings
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. bacon
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3.5 cups milk
- 24 oz. shredded cheese (Jack, cheddar, provolone mix)
- 6 oz. blue cheese, divided
- 1 lb. macaroni pasta, cooked al dente
- Brown the beef in a skillet. Drain the fat and set the beef aside.
- Cool the bacon in a skillet. Drain the fat and crumble the bacon into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Melt the butter. Saute the onion until softened, and then add the garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Whisk in the flour to make a roux, and then add the milk and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Then add the shredded cheese and 4 oz. of blue cheese, stirring until mixed.
- Stir the ground beef, bacon, and prepared noodles into the cheese. Spread into a Dutch oven and sprinkle remaining blue cheese over the top.
- Bake at 425°F for 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes and then serve.
Adapted from The Food in my Beard.
Post a Comment