Yield: 12 servings
- 1 1/2 ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 can (29 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (18 oz.) tomato paste
- 9-12 lasagna noodles
- Cheese Mixture
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese
- 1/2 lb. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp parsley flakes
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese
- For the sauce, brown the beef and onions in a large skillet. Drain off the excess fat.
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients and bring to a simmer for 60 minutes, stirring frequently.l
- Cook the noodles al dente according to package directions.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, and parsley.
- In a 9x13" casserole dish, put down one layer of noodles. Top with 1/3 of the meat sauce and 1/2 of the cheese mixture.
- Put on another layer of noodles, followed by 1/3 of the meat sauce and 1/2 of the cheese mixture.
- Put on the final layer of noodles, followed by the remaining 1/3 of the meat sauce. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the top.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes. Let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.