Freeze the balls for 20 minutes, until firm.
Heat your oil in a deep frying pan to 350°F. (It doesn't need to be exact.
Fry the balls in batches of 4-6. Watch them closely and as they turn golden brown, remove from the pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
When done frying, place the goat cheese balls on a platter. Drizzle with honey and garnish with green onions.
Adapted from The Comfort of Cooking.
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 11 oz. soft goat cheese
- 2 cups oil (canola works fine)
- Green onions, minced
- In a bowl combine the flour and black pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, salt, and water.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Roll the goat cheese into 27 balls. Roll each ball in: