Yield: 4 servings
- 1.5 lbs pork shoulder roast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Alfredo Sauce
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 9 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp aji pepper paste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 1 lb. fettuccine
- Additional grated Parmesan
- Cut the pork into 4 thick slices. Think "thick pork chops."
- Add the water and lemon juice to an Instant Pot pressure cooker. Place the pork into the pot, and sprinkle with salt.
- Lock closed and pressure cook for 60 minutes. When done, do a "natural pressure release." (i.e. turn off and let the pressure drop naturally, about 20 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, make the alfredo sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan. Add the cream and heat until it simmers. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, until thickened.
- Add the garlic, cheese, aji pepper paste, and parsley. Simmer for another 5-8 minutes while it continues thickening.
- Add the spinach to the alfredo sauce and cook until it darkens and wilts. Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Simultaneously, cook the fettuccine to al dente by following package directions.
- Mix the alfredo sauce with the fettuccine and mix together well.
- While the alfredo is cooking, remove the meat and sear each side on a hot cast iron skillet. Slice on a cutting board.
- Serve the pasta onto the plates. Top with sliced pork and serve immediately.