Yield: 24 servings
- 12 poblano peppers
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups drained black beans
- 2 cups salsa
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Cut the peppers in half and remove seeds. Place on a baking sheet, skin side up, and broil for 5 minutes.
- Flip the peppers over.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the rice, beans, and salsa. Stuff the 24 half peppers. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Return the peppers to a baking sheet and broil for 1-2 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve immediately.
Adapted from HyVee.