I love pizza, and I love BBQ. So I figure, why not combine the two?
- Pizza Dough
- I prefer to make this myself, but you can also buy it.
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- (if you like it spicy) Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked, cooled, and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 lb blue cheese, crumbled
- Grease your pizza stone or baking sheet. Sprinkle with corn meal.
- Spread dough into a large circle. Transfer onto baking stone. Let rise in a warm place for 30-45 minutes.
- Press center of dough flat to shape crust around the edges. Bake at 375ºF for 17-20 minutes.
- Combine ingredients for sauce. Spread on the crust. (You won't use it all)
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Mix chicken breast pieces with BBQ sauce. Sprinkle on top of cheese. (You won't use it all)
- Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles.
- Bake at 375ºF for 18-20 minutes. Let stand five minutes before serving.