These are basically a peanut butter cookie shaped into a small cup and filled with a quick fudge. If you can bake the cups just right then they'll be nice and soft with a creamy filling.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped cashews
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Add in the egg and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture. Chill for 1 hour.
- Grease mini-muffin pan(s).
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Aim for 48 (I got 42 in the pictures). Place one in each cup of muffin pan (do not flatten).
- Bake at 325°F for 14-16 minutes. Use the handle of a wooden spoon to hollow out each one (be careful not to break the sides or bottom). Cool completely.
- In small sauce pan, combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and vanilla and melt over low heat. Stir to agitate.
- Pipe fudge filling into each shell. Top with a few cashew pieces. Let sit undisturbed at room temperature for a couple hours to set.