This recipe is a perfect combination of sweet and spicy.
- 1 lb beef, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 can coconut milk (14 oz), divided
- 3 tbsp red pepper paste
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 cups chopped bok choy (leaves and stems separated)
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Cooked rice
- Saute beef in 1 tbsp oil until no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In wok, combine 1/2 cup cream from top of coconut milk with remaining oil. Simmer over medium heat.
- Add red pepper paste and curry. Simmer for about five minutes.
- Stir in the brown sugar, oyster sauce, and cayenne pepper. Simmer until it thickens. (You can thicken with corn starch if it takes too long)
- Add bok choy stems and red pepper. Continue cooking over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the cashews, beef, and cilantro. Heat through. Add bok choy leaves. Stir to coat in sauce and then remove from heat.
- Serve over hot rice.