- 1 can (14 oz.) water-packed artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 2 fresh artichokes
- 1 lemon
- Drain and rinse the artichoke hearts. Chop and combine in a bowl with the mayonnaise, sour cream, mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan, onion, parsley, and garlic salt.
- Transfer to an ungreased 1 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- (Artichokes oxidize quickly, which will make it turn brown. You'll be using the lemon frequently as a chemical to slow the oxidation process.)
- Slice the lemon in half. Rinse the artichokes. Cut the stem off the first artichoke and rub the bottom of the artichoke with one lemon half. Cut the top 1.5 inches off the top of the artichoke and discard. Scoop out the insides and remove enough petals to leave it as a hollow bowl for the dip. Regularly squeeze in more lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Repeat for the second artichoke.
- Bake the dip at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Spoon the dip into the artichokes. Serve with crackers.
Adapted from Taste of Home.