Yield: 9 servings
- Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 package ziti
- 2 chicken breasts
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated romano cheese
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, grated
- For the alfredo sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the cream and heat until it simmers. Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, until it thickens. Add the garlic, cheese, and parsley. Remove from the heat.
- Prepare the ziti according to the package directions. Remove from the heat, drain, and return to the pot.
- Cook the chicken breasts in a small skillet just until they are no longer pink. Remove from the skillet and cut into small pieces.
- Add the alfredo sauce, chicken, and sour cream to the ziti and mix. Put 1/2 of the ziti mixture into the bottom of a greased 3 quart casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta, parmesan, and romano. Spread over the top of the ziti. Put the remaining ziti on top. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Cover and bake at 350ºF for 45-50 minutes, until a thermometer reads 160ºF. Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer.