Yield: 15 fritters
- 3 cups corn kernels (fresh, canned, or thawed from frozen)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Oil (for frying)
- Chipotle sour cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, pureed
- (Increase/decrease to match your taste)
- In a bowl, combine the corn, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Add the eggs and milk, stirring to form a thick batter.
- Stir in the green onions and shredded cheese.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat 3/4" deep oil over high heat.
- Spoon about 2-3 tbsp of batter into the oil to fry, 3-5 fritters at a time (depending on the size of your Dutch oven). Don't do too many at once, or the oil temp will drop too quickly.
- When the bottom has browned, flip over to cook the top. When done, remove with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- For the sour cream, combine the ingredients in a food processor and puree.
- Serve the fritters warm with the sour cream.
Adapted from Dinner At The Zoo.