Yield: 10 servings
Perfect when you have a gluten-free friend over for brunch.
- 2-3 tsp oil
- 1 lb. bacon, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, medium diced
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 15 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 lb. Swiss cheese, shredded, divided
- Green onions, chopped
- Heat the oil in a 12" cast iron skillet. Add the bacon and cook to medium. Drain the bacon, leaving 3-4 tbsp of grease.
- Over medium heat, cook the bell peppers. Right before they're tender, reduce heat to low and add the shallots. Cook until tender.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Stir in 3/4 of the Swiss cheese.
- Stir 2/3 of the bacon into the shallots. Add the egg mixture and cook for three minutes, stirring occasionally to form runny curds.
- Remove from the stove and sprinkle the reserved cheese and bacon on top.
- Bake at 375°F for 9-11 minutes, until the eggs are set.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before garnishing with green onions and serving warm.
Adapted from Good Housekeeping.