Yield: 2 servings
- Dutch Baby
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/3 cup room temperature milk
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Green onion, sliced
- 4 strips bacon, cooked
- A half dozen cherry tomatoes, halved
- Warm a 10" non-stick pan in the oven at 425°F.
- Warm the eggs to room temperature. (You can speed this along by placing them in a cup of warm water.
- Whisk the eggs, salt, and sugar together until frothy.
- Whisk in the flour and corn starch.
- Whisk in the ricotta cheese.
- Whisk in the milk until smooth.
- Melt the butter into the hot pan. Pour in the batter and place in the oven to bake at 425°F until puffed, about 25 minutes.
- If you want some extra flavor, pour the bacon grease in with the butter to grease the pan.
- Prep the two eggs by cracking them into a bowl and seasoning with salt.
- Remove the Dutch baby from the oven and pour the unbeaten eggs on top. Sprinkle with green onion; top with bacon strips and cherry tomatoes.
- Return to the oven for 8-10 minutes to bake the eggs.
- Remove from the oven and lift the Dutch baby out of the pan to cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into slices and serve warm.
Adapted from Adam Ragusea.