Yield: 2 dozen cupcakes
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- Ingredients to prepare the cake mix
- Caramel filling
- 14 oz. soft caramels
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 8 oz. butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup cream
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 7 oz. marshmallow cream
- Chocolate fudge sauce
- Fun-sized Snickers bars, coarsely chopped
- Prepare the cake mix following the manufacturer's instructions. Bake into cupcakes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the caramel filling, warm the soft caramels and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. When melted, stir in the peanuts.
- Use a paring knife to cute a cone-shaped hole into each cupcake. Fill with the warm caramel, and then top with the cake plug.
- For the frosting, combine the butter and peanut butter in a stand mixer and beat until smooth and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla and cream. Gradually add the powdered sugar, mixing until fully combined. Add the marshmallow cream fold together by hand until well mixed.
- Transfer the frosting to a pastry bag with a star tip. Pipe frosting on top of each cupcake.
- Refrigerate the cupcakes to let the frosting set.
- Before serving, warm the fudge sauce in the microwave. Use a spoon to drizzle sauce on each cupcake, and then top with pieces of Snickers bars.
Adapted from Sugar Hero.