Yield: 4 servings
Toast the burger buns over indirect heat. Assemble your burgers using the sliced onion, tomato, and lettuce. Serve hot, right off the grill.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tspp garlic powder
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/4 lb. cheddar, cubed
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 burger buns
- Onion, sliced
- 4 slices tomato
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beef, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Divide into four 1/2-lb portions. Roll into balls.
- Place one beef ball on a cutting board, and press a beef can into the middle. Form the beef up the sides of the can. Wrap two strips of bacon around the outside.
- Gently twist and lift the can out of the beef, leaving behind a large depression. Repeat with the other three beef balls.
- Fill the beef patties with cubed cheddar and green pepper.
- Grill over indirect medium heat for 30 minutes. Top with the provolone slices for the last 2-3 minutes to get them melted.
- If your bacon starts coming off, just pin it in place with some toothpicks.
Adapted from Delish.