- Apricot-jalapeno relish
- 4 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and diced
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 2 cups dried apricots, diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 4 slices thick-cut bread
- 2 tbsp goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 strips thick-sliced bacon, cooked and drained
- For the relish, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate overnight to give the flavors time to mix.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread the butter on one side of each of the slices of bread. Place the bread butter-side down on a cutting board.
- Spread the goat cheese on two slices of the bread. Top with the bacon and relish, and the lay the sliced cheese on top. Top with the other two slices of bread, butter-side up.
- Grill the sandwiches in a cast iron skillet over medium heat until lightly browned. Flip, and cook the second side until browned.
- Cut the sandwiches in half and serve hot.
Adapted from Grilled Cheese Kitchen.