Yield: 8 servings
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp papper
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 jars (12 oz. each) roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Sliced almonds
- Sliced green onions
- Heat the oil in a large dutch oven. Add the onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the coriander and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the red peppers, chickpeas, and broth. Cover and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add in the vinegar.
- Use and immersion blender to puree until smooth.
- Serve hot, topped with almonds and green onions.
Adapted from Good House Keeping