Yield: 20 servings
- 2 picnic pork shoulders, about 8.25 lbs. each
- 120g (1.5 packages) gyros seasoning
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Pita bread
- Sliced lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Tzatziki sauce
- Feta cheese
- Sliced red onion
- Trim the skin off the pork shoulders and cut out the bone. With the remaining meat, cut into 1/2" slices.
- I had about 10.5 lbs. of meat remaining.
- I use a Napoleon 500 grill with four propane burners. Putting the outside two burners a little above minimum heat kept the temperature at the right spot. Your grill may be different.
- I ended up shaving off the meat in 4-5 batches over about 2 hours. You can speed it up or slow it down by controlling the heat.