Yield: 24 cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, finely chopped
- Powdered sugar
- In a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth. Mix in the almond extract.
- Add the flour and mix just until combined. Mix in the almonds and cherries.
- Roll into cookies, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 325°F for 15, until they start to look puffed.
- Cool for 5 minutes, and then roll in powdered sugar. Cool completely, and then roll again in powdered sugar.
Adapted from: Completely Delicious.