Yield: About 100 cookies
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 tbsp raspberry Jello
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Add the egg whites and salt to a mixing bowl, and whip until foamy. Add the raspberry Jello and sugar gradually while continuing to mix.
- Continue whipping until stiff peaks form and the sugar is dissolved. Mix in the vinegar.
- Fold in the miniature chocolate chips.
- Cover a baking sheet with a brown paper bag. Drop the meringue onto the cookie sheet by the teaspoonful.
- Bake at 250°F for 25 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the cookies in the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
Tip: After a few days you may notice the cookies lose their crunch. This is because they have absorbed moisture from the air. You can pop them back in the oven for a few minutes to dry them out again.
Post a Comment