Yield: 6 servings
- 6 cups cubed watermelon
- 50 fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup white rum
- 1/2 liter soda water
- Blend the watermelon in a blender. Strain the watermelon juice to remove the pulp.
- Measure two cups of the strained watermelon juice, and discard the rest.
- Coarsely grind the mint leaves in a mortar and pestle (in batches). Rinse the mortar with the strained melon juice and pour into a pitcher.
- Add the simple syrup, lime juice, white rum, and soda water to the pitcher.
- Adjust to taste with more simple syrup and/or soda water.
- Place ice in each tumbler, and pour the drink over the ice.