Yield: 2 servings
- 3-4 lbs oil
- 2 large venison steaks, 1 lb. each
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 lbs. potatoes, cleaned and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package (1 oz.) onion soup mix
- Set the Instant Pot to saute and add the oil. When hot, add the steaks and brown 3-4 minutes per side.
- Add the beef broth, put the top on the Instant Pot, and pressure cook on high for 60 minutes. When done, do a natural pressure release.
- While the meat is cooking, prepare the vegetables. Put them in a large mixing bowl with the olive oil and onion soup mix. Toss until well coated.
- Remove the meat from the Instant Pot. Cover and let rest in a warm place.
- Add the vegetables to the Instant Pot. Cover and pressure cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release of the pressure.
- Serve immediately.