These cookies have really good flavor -- strong chocolate with a hint of peppermint. And they look great.
- 1 package (10 oz) mint semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- confectioner's sugar
- Melt chocolate chips.
- Cream butter & sugar. Add eggs, beating well. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Cover & refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Roll into 1-inch balls, and then roll in confectioner's sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.