Yield: One 9"x13" Tiramisu + One 7"x9" Tiramisu
- 12 large egg yolks
- 2 cups sugar
- 568g mascarpone cheese (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 packages (7 oz. each) lady finger cookies
- 2 cups coffee
- 1 cup Kahlua
- 2 oz. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Combine the egg yolks and sugar in a double boiler. Whisk constantly over boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whip the egg yolks until thick and light-yellow colored. Add the mascarpone, whisking until fully combined.
- In another bowl, whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- Fold the cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the coffee and Kahlua.
- One lady finger at-a-time, dip into the coffee mixture (1-2 seconds) and then place in a 9"x13" casserole dish. Continue, arranging into a full layer covering the bottom as shown in the picture.
- Spoon a layer of the mascarpone mixture on top.
- Repeat step 6, building another layer of lady fingers.
- Spoon another layer of mascarpone mixture on top.
- Repeat steps 6-9, this time in a smaller 7"x9" casserole dish.
- Immediately before serving, dusk with cocoa powder.
Adapted from Ask Chef Dennis