Yield: 8-10 servings (2 scoops per serving)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Simmer over medium heat until the sugar is fully dissolved. Set aside.
- Place the raspberries and lemon juice in a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Put raspberry puree into a fine metal mesh strainer. Press through with the back of a spoon to separate the seeds. Throw the seeds away.
- Whisk the sugar syrup into the puree. Cover and refrigerate until cold, approximately 2 hours.
- Whisk the mixture to make sure it hasn't separated. Pour into ice cream maker following manufacturer's instructions for sorbet.
- Transfer to an airtight container and place in freezer for at least 3 hours.
- When serving, let stand on the counter for 10-20 minutes to soften. Serve and enjoy.