Yield: 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices bread
- Fruit jam
- Orange marmalade & lemon curd both work very well.
- 2 slices muenster cheese
- Goat cheese
- 4 strips bacon, fully cooked, cut in half
- 2 eggs
- Butter two slices of bread. Place them buttered side down on a cutting board.
- Spread the fruit jam on the opposite side of the slice of bread. Cover with a slice of cheese. Set aside.
- Spread butter on the remaining two slices of bread. Place them buttered side down on a cutting board. Spread the opposite side with goat cheese. Top each slice with two strips of bacon.
- In a large skillet, cook the two eggs.
- Simultaneously, in a separate skillet cook the four slices of bread, buttered side down.
- When the eggs are done cooking, transfer the egg on top of the slices with bacon. Flip the muenster cheese slices on top of the bacon slices to assemble.
- When the cheese is fully melted, remove the sandwiches from the skillet and place on a cutting board. Cut in half.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Grilled Cheese Kitchen.