Yield: 8 servings
- Pie crust
- 2 packages cream cheese
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 drops lemon oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 oz.) strawberry Jell-o
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 lbs. fresh strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- Line a 9" pie plate with the crust. Bake at 400°F for 11-13 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cream together the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and lemon oil. Spoon into the cooled pie crust. Store in the fridge while making the strawberries.
- In a saucepan, combine the granulated sugar, cornstarch, salt, and water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 miuntes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the Jell-o until fully dissolved. Add in the butter and stir until melted.
- Place the strawberries in a large bowl. Pour the glaze over the berries and toss to coat. Arrange the berries into the pie on top of the cream cheese. Refrigerate until set, at least four hours.
Adapted from Taste of Home.