Yield: 6 burgers (1/3 lb. each)
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 8 slices pepper jack
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Halve the jalapenos lengthwise and then spray with butter-flavored cooking spray. Grill over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until tender. Once cool, chop finely. Mix into the cream cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, combine garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, and cajun seasoning. Mix in the eggs and beef.
- Form the beef into 12 patties. Divide the jalapeno filling onto 6 of them, and then cover with the other half.
- Grill burgers over medium heat for 6-7 minutes per side. Cover each with a slice of pepper jack cheese and let cook for 1 more minute to melt.
- Serve the burgers with lettuce and tomato.
Adapted from Taste of Home.