Yield: 6 servings
I've adjusted the ingredients below to have more chicken and broccoli, so you'll get meatier results than the pictures you see. The recipe was much too pasta-heavy.
- 1 lb. box spiral pasta
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz. Velveeta cheese
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Add the broccoli for the last two minutes. Drain.
- In a pot, whisk together the flour and chicken broth. Cook over medium heat. Add the butter, half-and-half, and spices and bring to a simmer.
- Add the Veleveeta to the sauce and stir to prevent burning. Once fully melted, pour over the pasta & broccoli. Add the chicken cubes and toss to coat.
- Serve hot. Sprinkle with pepper jack cheese.
Adapted from Taste of Home.