Yield: 10 servings
- 2 cups dry white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) coconut milk
- 3/4 cup milk (give or take a bit)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup spiced rum
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- Milk or cream
- In a large pot, combine the rice, water, and milk. Cook over low heat stirring occasionally until the rice is cooked.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat until all the liquid has been absorbed into the rice, stirring occasionally. If it's a little too dry, add some extra milk.
- Serve hot with milk or cream.