Yield: 10 servings
- 1 package (16 oz.) rotini
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz. goat cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 oz. havarti cheese, grated
- 4 oz. swiss cheese, grated
- 2 oz. asiago cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook the rotini according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large cast iron skillet. Sauté onions until lightly browned. Add the garlic and flour. Mix well.
- Add the chicken broth and cream. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, until it begins to thicken.
- Transfer the sauce to a 4-quart pot. Add the goat cheese and stir until melted. Add the havarti, swiss, and asiago and mix well, continuing to cook over medium heat.
- Stir in the pasta. Spread the mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon over the top and return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Remove for the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Taste of Home.