Yield: 9 servings
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 whole eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 medium plums
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Whip the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add in the flour mixture and beat just until mixed. Pour into a greased and floured 9"x9" baking pan.
- Slice the plums into 1/3-inch wedges (8-10 slices per plum). Leave the skin on.
- Arrange the plum slices in three lines on top of the batter. Do not press into the batter.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over top of the plums.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.