- 1 box (18.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- 1 can (21 oz) strawberry pie filling
- Chocolate frosting
- Prepare the batter according the to instructions on the box.
- Line 20-24 cupcakes with paper liners. Fill with batter.
- Place one strawberry on top of batter in each cupcake. You don't need to push it down -- the batter will rise around the strawberry.
- Bake at 325ºF for 19-21 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Frost top of each cupcake with chocolate frosting. If desired, top with an additional strawberry from the pie filling.