Yield: 8 servings
- 3 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 4 tbsp oil
- 16 tbsp butter, melted, divided
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 to 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Cut the potatoes into slices about 1" thick.
- In two large pans (cast iron or Dutch ovens), divide the oil and 4 tbsp of butter each. Warm on the stove over medium-high heat until the better has melted.
- Place the potatoes into the pans in a single layer across the bottom. Season the tops with salt & pepper, and sauté until the bottom is browned, about five minutes.
- Remove from the heat and flip each potatoe over.
- Mix the honey & cayenne with the remaining butter, and brush over the potatoes.
- Bake the potatoes in the oven at 475°F for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pans, flip the potatoes over, and pour in enough chicken stock to come 3/4 of the way up the potatoes. Add the garlic.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve hot, spooning liquid over the potatoes for extra flavor.
Adapted from Spicy Southern Kitchen.