Yield: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- If you want less spice, remove the seeds.
- 1 habanero, minced
- If you want less spice, remove the seeds
- 12 oz. condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded gouda
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar
- 12 oz. rotini
- Sliced green onions
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy. Remove the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- In the bacon fat, sauté the jalapenos and habanero until tender, about two minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a large pot, combine the condensed cheddar cheese, sour cream, and 1/4 cup butter. Heat gradually and whisk to combine.
- Whisk in the onion powder, pepper, and all three cheeses until smooth. Whisk in the sautéed peppers.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain from the water and toss with 2 tbsp butter until melted and coated.
- Stir the pasta into the cheese sauce.
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the pasta and cheese. Heat on high for one hour.
- Chop the bacon, and add to the slow cooker. Continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Turn down the slow cooker's heat to "warm" and serve. Garnish with green onions.
Adapted from: Savory Experiments.
Post a Comment