Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 4 thick slices of bread
- 3 slices gouda cheese
- 4 tbsp mascarpone cheese, softened
- Bacon strips, cooked
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, butter, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Spread the softened mascarpone cheese on two slices of bread. Top each with 1.5 slices of gouda cheese, and then the other slice of bread. You now have two sandwiches.
- Dunk each sandwich in the egg mixture. Flip over to coat the other side. Make sure they're well soaked.
- Cook in a large frying pan over medium heat, about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve warm right off the skillet with a side of bacon.
Adapted from Tatyana's Everyday Food.