Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb. baby Yukon potatoes
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Green onions
- Sour cream
- Place the potatoes in a stock pot and cover with 2 inches of salted water. Add salt.
- Boil until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer potatoes to a bowl. Add in melted butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the potatoes on the parchment paper. Smash them into patties. Spoon the remaining butter/garlic from the bottom of the bowl onto the smashed potatoes.
- Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes, until crispy.
- Top with cheddar and bake 3 more minutes to melt.
- Top with bacon. Serve with green onions and sour cream.
Adapted from Delish.